24th Annual WFWP USA Assembly. Why Attend?Written by Angelika Selle October 31st, 2016
But more specifically, why attend? What’s in it for me? Below are seven reasons that personally inspire me:
1. Speakers: Several experts in their fields will share new ideas and challenge us to shift our mind and heart to a new way of thinking. They will be addressing hot issues that are the silent killer of human spirit and dignity and giving practical take-away points, on the topic of compassionate sustainable leadership.
2. Learning and Fun: Through interactive breakout sessions, you can experience laughter yoga, learn how to develop a healthy and happy sex life in marriage, get practical tips on turning your passions into a sustainable project, and so much more.
3. Healing rifts and relationships: Through the Bridge of Peace, open a path to address and resolve current issues and heal the pain and wounds of the past. Learn from those who cross the Bridge the skill of reconciliation and solving issues with intelligence and heart instead of violence.
4. HerStory Award, Veterans Award: We will uplift, celebrate, and honor those who have made a difference by overcoming the odds and making a difference through their outstanding example.
5. Action: WFWP is motivated and propelled forward through a mother’s heart and the Logic of Love which is expressed in a multitude of service and relief projects from the local to the international level reaching out beyond the United States and serving the world. In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., “Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve,”
6. The Blessing of marriage breakout session and Ceremony will introduce a new way of looking at marriage and provide knowledge and tools to make our marriages last. WFWP USA’s core tenet is that, “Healthy Families are the School of Love and the Foundation for a happy society and world. A healthy family based on morals and ethics will provide fertile ground for leaders of integrity, conscience, and compassion who will care for the greater good more than for themselves.”
7. Your Presence is very important and appreciated, as we TOGETHER will create something new and amazing for everyone. I know that through your presence and contributions, this work for peace will be blessed and will multiply more quickly
What inspires me the most about this year’s assembly is the involvement of the next generation of young women and of our local chairwomen, especially our local New Jersey chapter, in planning and executing this wonderful gathering.
Will you join us there? I sincerely hope so!
Angelika Selle, born in Pforzheim, Germany, studied at the University of Freiburg in Catholic Theology, in German and English. In the years following she travelled to Japan, Korea and America. She settled in the U.S. in 1983 with her American husband, Bob Selle. Together they are the parents of 4 wonderful children. She has worked with Government officials, held the position of the editor in chief of two magazines, “Neue Hoffnung” and “Today’s World”, and she taught at a parochial elementary school. Rev. Selle’s true passion and calling is to be a reconciler and peace-maker to promote reconciliation and healing between different races, religions, and cultures. Together with her husband and another family, they founded a reconciliation group in MD. In 2001 she founded the Prayer in Action Ministry and in 2003 the Interfaith Prayer and Fellowship Ministry in Washington DC. On April 8, 2005 she was ordained at the Lively Stone Worship Center under “God’s Vision International Ministries” by Apostle Floyd Nelson. In 2006, Rev. Selle was appointed to be the Pastor of New Hope Family Church in Landover Hills, MD. Earlier this year, on March 21, 2010, Rev. Selle was appointed by the Founder of WFWP, Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon, to be the President of Women’s Federation for World Peace USA and Vice-President of WFWP International.