In my opinion, "Believe" is a great movie. It's about a young English boy who loves soccer and Sir Matt Busby (1909-1994), renowned manager of the Manchester United football team. Even after the Munich Air Crash that killed eight Manchester United players and three club officials, Sir Matt, who survived the crash, built the team back up to win every National and European trophy. In the movie, Sir Matt and the boy, Georgie, meet by chance and Sir Matt ends up coaching Georgie's under 12-year-old team. In his life, Sir Matt always found the time to work with children and help them realize their dreams, and that is what the movie is about.
It is a good movie to sit together as a family and watch while eating a favorite meal or trying something new for the palate. How about a Lentil Meatloaf!
- Boil 2 cups of water & salt.
- Add 1 cup of lentils, cover & simmer for 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft & most of the water has evaporated. Remove from fire, drain, and then partially mash the lentils. Scrape into a mixing bowl & allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Stir in 1 cup of quick cooking oats and some diced onion.
- Add 1 egg, 4 ½ oz. of tomato sauce, fresh garlic, basil, your favorite seasonings, salt & pepper, some diced celery, if your family likes that.
- Mix well, spoon into a well-oiled loaf pan, then smooth the top with the back of the spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45, until top is dry, firm & golden brown
- Cool for about 10 minutes then run a sharp knife around the edges and serve!
You can add diced onions, quick cooking oats, 1 egg, 4 ½ oz. tomato sauce, minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried basil, seasoning salt, pepper, cumin, mushrooms – and anything else that makes your family sit up and take notice.