WFWP interns are an integral part of our team and will gain first-hand experience in how a national non-profit organization is run and contributing to it on the staff level. The Social Media Intern will assist in developing and improving WFWP’s public image through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and others. The intern will also assist in researching and proposing new strategies to improve WFWP’s social media presence and contribute to creating written, video and/or photo content. The intern’s own creativity in helping develop new public relations strategies is also key to this position. This is an exciting opportunity to have a substantial impact on marketing strategy.
Though we are happy to accommodate interns’ schedules, we require interns to be reliable and consistent in their commitment. If applicable, we will work with you to facilitate receiving academic credit for your internship.
LOCATION: Remotely from home or On-site in NYC office
HOURS: 8 to 10 hours per week, flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Interest in WFWP’s work
- Familiarity with vision, mission and Founders of WFWP
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram)
- Creativity in writing a plus
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Education and/or experience in marketing, communications, or graphic design a plus
- Proficiency in graphic design and/or video editing software a plus