It’s summer. We all feel it. Sometimes it’s nice to come home to something cool in the afternoon or the evening. Here is a recipe by TimTanguay (found on allrecipes.com), to cool you off when it’s just too hot to eat anything heavy. It takes about 20 minutes to prepare and an hour and a half to be ready to enjoy with family, friends, or neighbors. The recipe serves 8, and is only 101 calories per serving! Imagine that!
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 large fresh peaches, cut into cubes
- 2 large nectarines, cut into cubes
- 1 large Anjou pear, cut into cubes
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- freshly squeezed juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon honey (fireweed honey preferred)
- Optional: add one tablespoon of dark chocolate flakes to the fresh mint
- Combine watermelon, strawberries, peaches, nectarines, pear, and grapes in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice, mint, lemon zest, and honey together in a small bowl; drizzle over the fruit mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.